!!WELCOME¡¡

FPCommunity

The Passwords of our Exclusive Tournaments and the best Promotions.

Read up on the latest PokerNews or have a fun discussion with friends.

Just register on our Forum.
!!WELCOME¡¡

FPCommunity

The Passwords of our Exclusive Tournaments and the best Promotions.

Read up on the latest PokerNews or have a fun discussion with friends.

Just register on our Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FPCommunity

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Eastern Time
Translator
Central European Time
Latest topics
» Best poker datamining PokerStars, Pacific (888), iPoker, PartyPoker
Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 3:31 pm by HHmailerSupport

» InterPoker $200
Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 6:15 pm by safka

» WilliamHill Poker $100
Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 6:13 pm by safka

» PartyPoker $250
Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 6:10 pm by safka

» MyBet Poker $50
Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 4:53 pm by tommymzq

» Coral Poker £500
Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:01 pm by jacsa85

» Ladbrokes Poker $1,000
Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 10:39 am by Deina20

» WilliamHill Poker £500
Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 9:46 am by jacsa85

» Freerolls 03-11-2013
Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 8:34 pm by Admin

» EuroPoker $100
Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 8:33 pm by Admin

» EuroPoker $100
Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 9:25 pm by Admin

» Freerolls 02-11-2013
Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 9:24 pm by Admin

» Boyle Poker $250
Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 3:00 pm by Kevathallam

» Freerolls 01-11-2013
Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 11:24 am by Admin

» OddsMaker Poler $500
Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 11:13 am by Admin

Best Poker Rooms This Week

mybet.com - poker

French Poker Radio

Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lampeter

Wales
Wales

Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups Empty
PostSubject: Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups   Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 5:30 pm

I have been playing these today with the aim of taking $5 to $10 to bankroll a league game ...so double up should be a walk in the park ?? however it didnt go that way because I am so used to playing tourney's .. whats the best way to play them...... I think play 5 at a time and only play BIG hands Piture cards and A9+

I won the first one then I got borded and lost money ???
Back to top Go down
muck
muck

Romania
Romania

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups   Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 5:52 am

Hi Paul,

I'm not an expert (in poker); I played some Double Ups tho, and all these question rose in my mind and here is my point of view.

You say you're used to play tournaments, that's good because you can restrict all that experience you got from there by seeing this type of SnG's like the final table of a MTT (that's some cheap thing to say, because it applies to all SnG's), and what's better, with small blinds and no antes.

One thing I got out of those Double Ups: it's not really a double up. Example: PokerTime has Double Ups for $1+$0.2 ($1 for the prizee pool and $0.2 fee). So if you play 2 SnG's like that and win one and lose one (that's really good I think, a win ratio of 50%) you pay $2.4 and win only $2 !!! Weird isn't it? So you need a win ratio above those 50%... I'll say like 2 wins out of 3 games would be nice ($3.6 cost for $4 outcome). So Double Up is a tricky name.

Now, finding out where your win ratio stands can be a costly trip via Double Ups, so you need to practice that and find out where you stay by playing play money SnG's in some poker room, better the one you want to play for real afterwards.

Now (again) some will say: what's the big deal here, you only have to beat 50% of the starting field; in MTT there are worse percentages to deal with. Maybe they're right, but these are real money games, in which we have none to little experience (we wouldnt be here in a freeroll forum otherwise), against guys that want the money just as bad as us, and, who knows, better players. The worse moment is, as usual, the bubble.

What I saw as a tactic employed by some players: avoiding the early fight (but not because of tight play) when the blinds and pots are small and then playing aggressive later stages when most players avoid commiting all-in into the pot.

Some start fighting every pot to gather as many of the chips in play as possible, but those are just the mark for the first type, because they know they must have a wide range.

I don't know who's best choice, as for the starting hands you said above, you must consider here the time-length of the levels, or the type of the DoubleUp. If it's a turbo type, I guess you'll lack the time to a wait for face cards...

It's all up to you in the end, even so, keep us posted.

Last edited by muck on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kasmac

Lithuania
Lithuania

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups   Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 4:14 pm

1. Avoid early fights, coinflips.
2. Be tight and agressive
3. Be patient
4. Play in position
Back to top Go down
Voretex
Voretex

Argentina
Argentina

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups   Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 7:57 am

Hi! nice post. I always expect to see the attitude of the other players. If you find two or more aggressive players, be patient, wait for a very good pocket hand. Reserve your chip to the stage where it is a single player for the award and always looking for other players to play for you!
REgards!
Back to top Go down
stoppzock

Germany
Germany

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups   Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 4:28 am

double up is realy not a good game

most people dont play ,if they play then they raise all in

its sux most so i dont play it anymore jiggy
Back to top Go down
Lampeter

Wales
Wales

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups   Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 4:00 am

Agree with all of the above but Kasmac says it how it is and he is right, that is just plain simple good poker stratergy and I guess theres no getting away from that. I have avoided these games now because thats the thing, even though we are talking small amounts of Bank roll, the risk versus reward even though the odds (or expected value?) are the same is not as good as as a tourney this is why I mentioned multi tabling as the time invested is greater unless you risk your whole Small $5-10) bankroll alterativly using some sort of bankroll policy would take too long at $1 type games

Any type of double up now for he is a heads up game

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups   Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups Empty

Back to top Go down

Whats the best way to play SnG Double ups
Page 1 of 1