!!WELCOME¡¡

FPCommunity

The Passwords of our Exclusive Tournaments and the best Promotions.

Read up on the latest PokerNews or have a fun discussion with friends.

Just register on our Forum.
!!WELCOME¡¡

FPCommunity

The Passwords of our Exclusive Tournaments and the best Promotions.

Read up on the latest PokerNews or have a fun discussion with friends.

Just register on our Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FPCommunity

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Eastern Time
Translator
Central European Time
Latest topics
» Best poker datamining PokerStars, Pacific (888), iPoker, PartyPoker
DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyTue Sep 12, 2017 3:31 pm by HHmailerSupport

» InterPoker $200
DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 6:15 pm by safka

» WilliamHill Poker $100
DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 6:13 pm by safka

» PartyPoker $250
DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 6:10 pm by safka

» MyBet Poker $50
DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 4:53 pm by tommymzq

» Coral Poker £500
DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 12:01 pm by jacsa85

» Ladbrokes Poker $1,000
DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 10:39 am by Deina20

» WilliamHill Poker £500
DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 9:46 am by jacsa85

» Freerolls 03-11-2013
DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 8:34 pm by Admin

» EuroPoker $100
DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 8:33 pm by Admin

» EuroPoker $100
DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 9:25 pm by Admin

» Freerolls 02-11-2013
DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 9:24 pm by Admin

» Boyle Poker $250
DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 3:00 pm by Kevathallam

» Freerolls 01-11-2013
DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 11:24 am by Admin

» OddsMaker Poler $500
DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 11:13 am by Admin

Best Poker Rooms This Week

mybet.com - poker

French Poker Radio

DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?

Go down 
+7
chins99
TTaPaDoX
pkworld1
Lampeter
Darkwarrior
dracosul
muck
11 posters
AuthorMessage
muck
muck

Romania
Romania

DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? Empty
PostSubject: DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi there,

I have a question in my mind: did anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?
If so, please post your experience, your improvements (if any), charges/fees, online/live, and so.
Back to top Go down
dracosul

Romania
Romania

PostSubject: Re: DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 7:33 am

NO I THINK IS NOT TRUE
Back to top Go down
muck
muck

Romania
Romania

PostSubject: ??what??   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 9:33 am

Question here was: did you use a coach online/live to improve your poker skills? If so: how much, what cost, and so on...
Back to top Go down
Darkwarrior
Special Member
Special Member

Portugal
Portugal

PostSubject: Re: DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 9:46 am

No i didn't.

I'm a self learner and i improve my poker skills by playing and see how others players play
Back to top Go down
Lampeter

Wales
Wales

PostSubject: Re: DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 10:23 am

No..... though I would be interested to analyse my hands etc... I think I am too low level at the moment and am aware of lots of simple mistakes I am making before I worry about looking for more faults...... there are other terms I read about that I would like to understand... eg "implied odds" and "reverse implied odds" ????
Back to top Go down
muck
muck

Romania
Romania

PostSubject: .   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 1:26 pm

Thank you for your inputs DarkWarrior and Lampeter.
I was raising this question because I want to improve my play; and one way I see thru web was coaching. I'll post a reply with the original article; that stated that another person (the coach) saw the flaws in ones game clearly, without even that person to notice most of them.
That doesn't mean the topic is closed, any one who has something to say, please write it down here.
Back to top Go down
pkworld1

Germany
Germany

PostSubject: Re: DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 3:02 pm

no thx

i have my own way
Back to top Go down
TTaPaDoX

Russia
Russia

PostSubject: no thx!   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 3:07 pm

no thx

i have my own way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
chins99

Argentina
Argentina

PostSubject: Internet   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:09 am

I think that with the cnatidad of material that exists in Internet a particular teacher does not belong necessary for the beginners. It is possible to come far ssólo with the bibliogafia of the network.
Back to top Go down
muck
muck

Romania
Romania

PostSubject: re   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 2:13 pm

I agree chins99, for the beginner a coach would be like the 3rd wheel for a bike, since the beginner has to master the very basic principles of the game.

So you raise the question: when is the right time to look for competent advice? ( a coach ) Can we try to define that moment?

For what type of player, related to the his knowledge stage, I think it is clear tho: the intermediate stage player, because we just ruled that the beginner wouldn't understand complex concepts, and that the advanced player wouldn't need external advice, being able to discover and plug his own holes by himself.
Back to top Go down
chins99

Argentina
Argentina

PostSubject: Re: DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 7:59 pm

In agreement. Now, the important thing in each one would be to define which is esl just moment to look more for help. When the does not one already have anything to learn of the forums and of the books?
Back to top Go down
Lampeter

Wales
Wales

PostSubject: Re: DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:22 am

My failings latley are being tired playing too much poker and becoming bored half way though though I may be in the top 30 % then doing stupid all ins when there is no need to

however I'm addicted so if I know there is a game starting I will join, then play badly.... its like having the devil on your shoulder
Back to top Go down
stoppzock

Germany
Germany

PostSubject: Re: DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:01 pm

not a coaching

from pokerstrategy i download the most for me and i can watch it day by day

its serious and safe and in few languages
Back to top Go down
muck
muck

Romania
Romania

PostSubject: Re   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 3:00 am

Thank you for your replies Paul, and chins99,

@ chins99: regarding forums and books: there are so many and yet so little time; which one to choose, which one is of value and where is that within

@ stoppzock: I'll try that one (pokerstartegy), thank you.

Still, the topic is not closed, add your comments.
Back to top Go down
Lampeter

Wales
Wales

PostSubject: Re: DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:31 am

Just to mention, all pro recommend you use poker software for stats and review your hands for weaknesses, the most used one is HoldemManager it can be downloaded for a free 15 day trail from their website .... I'm just downloading it now.... try it out maybe we can compare notes in a couple of weeks
Back to top Go down
muck
muck

Romania
Romania

PostSubject: Re: DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:31 pm

Thank you Paul,

Anyone else uses any kind of poker software? Also Paul, try to feed us on your future adventure with HoldemManager. For myself I was considering to use some kind of software, but there are so many on the market. considering you'll try that one, I'll be trying that one too as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
BulDawg

Bulgaria
Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 12:19 am

stoppzock wrote:
not a coaching

from pokerstrategy i download the most for me and i can watch it day by day

its serious and safe and in few languages

that PS theories is absolutely sucks in online gaming, for LIVE play they are really good, but online NO WAY!!! No
Back to top Go down
pkworld1

Germany
Germany

PostSubject: Re: DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 11:51 am

no not using a coach

the other player help me my friends
Back to top Go down
muck
muck

Romania
Romania

PostSubject: LOL - look at the fees   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:00 am

Well about using a poker coach of some sort, be it online one.
Check this link:

https://secure.piryx.com/donate/1L8MrHoK/TrainWithTheMaven/privatetraining

as the title of the post says, check the fees amounts, bellow the embeded video and the personal information fields, in the left side.
I mean realy - wow - I guess that guys doesn't need to play poker anymore, as they earn far better by the hour.

Another interesting thing: in the link, the folder in the server that hosts the offer is named "donate" - lol again.
(https://secure.piryx.com/donate/1L8MrHoK/TrainWithTheMaven/privatetraining)

Did we choose the wrong path to riches here ? lol
Back to top Go down
muck
muck

Romania
Romania

PostSubject: Re: DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 7:09 am

Lol again, since I started myself into this, did anyone of you fellow forum members heard about Reid 'shootaa' Young?
Talking about poker coaching, via the old school, literally like in the school, by reading books. Our man, 24 of age, intended to publish a book, very intuitively named "The Blue Book", since there was one named "The little green book" by Gordon and "The little red book" sounded like Mao's work, to clear the minds and souls of poker player on the road to fame. Nothing wrong till now.
I'll post a poll to find out what do you think the price is.
Back to top Go down
smokenwal
smokenwal

Australia
Australia

PostSubject: Re: DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 6:04 pm

no i learned by playing freerolls
jiggy
Back to top Go down
Lampeter

Wales
Wales

PostSubject: Re: DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 5:22 am

I just want to Bump this thread, as I really feel I am starting to have a better understanding of the game. I posted previously about a Holdem Manager trial, I didnt get very far with it as it was too advanced for me..... and lots of you may think "yeh because you're a stupid donk lol.... not so!!!! How many of you understand the fundamentals of poker and the terms involved? for example there are 3 types of Tilt, and when to spot these and where to take advantage of them. Then theres PFR, VIPP, EV etc.... what does it all really mean???

I've been playing freerolls on pokertime building to about 20 pounds then using the money as buy-ins for tourneys. I have always stayed away from cash games as my bankroll was never big enough to have a "buy-in bankroll stratergy" unless I did a minimum buy-in instead of a maximum buy in, and even then it would be risky with 10x2 so I just used it for tourneys

But now I'm using "MyPokerlab" I'm still struggling with my bankroll but the cash play aspect is great, there are some nice tools, tutorials,tests where it Identifies your leaks and recommends links tutorials to look at these areas, Highly recommened

Never heard of Red book,
I have downloaded off the web the following audio books (like reading in bed with your eyes close much easier :0)
Phil Gordons...Little Green Book
Phil Helmouth... Play like the pro's
Annie Duke... how I raised,folded. bluffed ect.
Barry Greenstien...Ace on the river

I will get round to them all but there is a lot of story telling and slow

So i need money for Pokertime!!!!! so any nice little tourney's in Pokertime PLEASE INVITE ME spinny
Back to top Go down
ArmiS

Latvia
latvia

PostSubject: Re: DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 11:07 am

I dont belive that someone can learn how to play poker.:)
Back to top Go down
Lampeter

Wales
Wales

PostSubject: Re: DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 8:16 am

Then you clearly don't know poker as well as you think superstar laugh

Books.... Annie Dukes book dont bother

Phil Gordon, the little green book is very good I think... will keep listening to that over and over
Back to top Go down
Lampeter

Wales
Wales

PostSubject: Re: DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 7:41 am

hey just started with pokerstratergy.com ... its really quite good so far, you just have to pass a quiz of 20 questions, it quite easy( i passed it 1st time ) then you open a poker room though them, I opted for Fulltilt then they deposit $50 cash for you to grind with (you need to earn 1000 player points before a withdrawal) they give you access live live coaching sessions in Engish where you rail the pro on pokerstars, he gives a comentry and you have a chat box to ask questions as the games go on

there are lot of new videos daily and as you become reach higher membership the tuition becomes more personal its the best I have seen so far

Now lets hope I dont blow the $50

laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?   DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort? Empty

Back to top Go down

DID anyone ever used a poker coaching of some sort?
Page 1 of 1